Confused, I decided there must be more to this world of blogging. So I dug deeper and found Chrissy. And fell in love with Chrissy. She made it look possible, yet she made it look easy. That's how good she is. She made me laugh. She made me think. And she made me want to share and blog my life away. I knew that when I'd never grow up, I wanted to be a cool blogger like Chrissy. And now she tagged me! *Shivers down my spine*
This is a Q&A type of tag. And here are my answers...
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
My dream dog (which exists in my heart and my dreams only) is a total part of my family. And I love him to shreds, I only wish he'd come true soon.
2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
Uhm, to have a dog? I just dream of a simple little happy life. You know like the visuals I created on the right hand corner of my blog? Yeah. I dream of that.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
I stress out too much. Way-way-way too much. I keep myself up at night for everything and anything. All the "what if's" that usually never end up happening. I wish I could just chill and not stress out so much.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
For starters I'd buy a Mini Cooper convertible. That car is the shits. Then I'd buy a beach house so I'd have a place to go when 50% of the people in my marriage want to take off sailing. And I'd donate more than half of it to various charities. Buy more Apple stock. Give a million to each of my nieces/nephew. And blog about it.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Washing dishes. Music. The smell of bubble gum (old school type like you found in hockey cards)
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
Loving. Usually when you love you get love back. The more you give in love the more you receive. Maybe not from the same person, but I believe in natural laws of balance, what goes around comes around.
7. What is your bedtime routine?
First thing is I floss. Then I brush my teeth. Then I pee (brushing my teeth ALWAYS makes me want to pee immediately like a Pavlovian effect). Then I put on my pj's. I plug my phone in and turn it off (ugh, wish that were true, I turn the ringer off). Then I pee again in case my bladder did not fully empty itself the previous time (joys of aging). Then I grab my book, get my iPod ready and settle into bed. After five minutes of reading I go back to the toilet. What can I say. I'm sick like that.
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
I met him at a festival in Iowa (of all places) where I happened to be upon invitation from a colleague and he was there because of a local race. The world came to a sudden halt when I saw him.
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
A painter. The Louvres museum in Paris is amazing for this. People set up their easels and reproduce works of art. Some of them are purely amazing. Also I love to watch a carver in action.To witness the sculpture slowly being exposed from a block is bewildering.
10. What kinds of books do you read?
I just got done with The Hunger Games trilogy. I've never finished growing up, the teenie-bopper books (Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. hook me in). I love being told a good story. So anything goes for me other than those cheap romance or cowboy stories...
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
How would I do that? With a time machine.
12. What’s your fear?
Being forgotten. When I'd get lost at the mall, as a kid my first reaction was ALWAYS to run out to the parking lot and make sure my mom's car was still there. For some reason I always thought she'd forget me and go home and never notice I was missing. This fear is still hanging around. That's why I love getting mail even if it's bills. Mail confirms I haven't been forgotten.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
Where do I sign up? I prefer munching on raw cucumbers any day of the week. Besides, define "junk". Is a carne asada taco junk when it's well done?
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
That one is easy. Being that I'm currently married and poor I'll stick with that.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Duh! Go to the toilet.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
Make him less stubborn. And and better dental hygiene. Flossing goes a loooong way!
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
Chrissy Starr. haha! I don't know! I'd give myself Alex for a first name. It's strong. And it works in both of my languages.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
Yes. I always forgive. Sometimes THAT is the problem. My forgiveness comes too easy.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Carne Asada tacos.
And now I get to do the tagging and send the blog love towards 4 cybernetic pals:
- One of my most faithful readers becca from My Life
- Little Miss SubWow from The Absence of Alternative
- Nari from narislife
- umseti from Stupid America