- He suddenly started working out
- He often looks in the 2-way mirror to check out his butt
- He has a new cologne
- He went from wearing miss-matching socks (like a brown one with a navy one) to not only patterned socks but they match his entire ensemble
- He has many late night meetings at work
- He has to work week-ends, and sometimes these "retreats" are somewhere exotic like Hawaii or cozy cabins without phone connection
- His credit card expenses have exploded in restaurant fees
- He hums in the shower
- He bought a new toothbrush to keep in his desk at his office
- His cell phone is now suddenly password protected
- He stopped complaining about the lack of sex in the marriage
- He looks like he may have a heart attack every time the phone rings, you answer and all he hears is you replying "Yes, I'm his wife"
- He's very encouraging of your new extra curricular activities that keep you out of the house for numerous hours at a time
- His excuses for being late in getting home after work are overly well explained and detailed
- You found a small (as in jewelery size) handsomely gift wrapped box in his briefcase (which you never received)
How do I know? Do I need to confess yet again? I was that bitch most people call the "other woman". And that nasty old bad taste of regret never does leave you... Never left me. So I guess I want to offer help to the cheated one. Inside knowledge.
And just in case you want to throw tomatoes in my face, know that I've been on the other side too. The one that was cheated on. The one that was lied to. The one who's doctor found spots in her pap smear because he didn't think he needed a condom when he went sneaking around. The one who discovered hidden love notes, and was called another name in the middle of sex. Yeah. All that. I've been there too. And oddly enough, I think it's easier being that one that the "other woman".
And no. Other than the image, I did not search and google these examples. The entire content of this list comes from my real life experience with love and marriage. Or, should I say NON-love and marriage. And may I add "Man am I ever glad I'm not playing these games anymore!!!"
p.s. If you're a man reading this, then just scratch off all the "He's" and change to "She".
p.p.s. Please don't kill the messenger, it was a very long time ago, and I paid a hefty price.