My mother, god bless her soul, cannot remember if the West is earlier or later when it comes to time zone changes.
I tell Booby she tried to call me at 6 am. Then we reminisce about the time when...
Me: So anyways...
Mom: Sorry, can we talk about this later? The Packers are coming on.
Me: ??? Packers? You watch the Packers? Why? Since when?
Mom: Well, of course I watch the Packers for your sister. I need to know how they're doing so I can be informed if she talks to me about them. That's what mothers do...
Me: Oh, ok, well we won a race this week-end.
Mom: What? I told you, I have to go.
Me: Ok, bye mom, I love you
Mom: Click - uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh (that last part is the sound of a dead phone line)
- My sister is not part of the Green Bay Packers.
- My sister is not married to anybody who plays any active role with the Green Bay Packers team, corporation or any of its subsidiaries.
- My sister lives in Green Bay, her husband is simply a fan of the Packers.
- My sister does not even receive text messages from Brett Favre! (Or so she says)
- At the time I was an active key member of a racecar team.
- My husband was the crew chief of this team.
- This team was a top 10 competitor in its field.
- Our level of racing could be compared to a team with the NFL.
- My mom never followed my races. Nor did she ever realize what a victory meant to us.
- My mom never asked about said races.
- When I asked her if she followed us too she would say she never knew when we raced. To which I reminded her of the numerous times I'd sent her our schedule. And links to our website with the schedule. And links to my (old) blog which talked about the racing. Ugh.
Mom: We're about to find out if it will be Chicago or Green Bay in the Superbowl.
Mom: I've been watching all the games leading to this and there's been some really exciting games.
Me: I love you mom
Mom: REALLY exciting games
Me: Gotta go. Bye
Mom: Have you watched any of them?
Me: Click - uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh (that last part is the sound of a dead phone line)