Thursday, February 10, 2011

Look Who's Stylin' Now!


Between meditations this minute man's wife is trying to deal with a sudden changes in her life as she becomes a step-mom. After further reflection here's how I want to introduce her: this wild and crazy party animal struggles through sudden changes as she becomes a step-mom and uses meditation in order to avoid kill innocent bystanders.

Yes. That is better. Wanna know how she described me?  And I quote:
"has been one of the most enjoyable rides (that's what she said, no really she actually did) I’ve taken in a while. Her writing will leave you wishing ("I'll have what she had", heh heh) your desk chair came with a seat belt. She will rock your world and send you into uncontrollable fits of giggles"
Thanks mysterious Minute Man's Wife (why mysterious, to this day she still refuses to tell me WHY she calls herself this. All we know (thank godfully) is it has nothing to do with his (sexual) endurance)!

I want to give this award to bloggers to whom I've NEVER given awards:
  1. The Girl Not at the Rockshow
  2. Bouncin Barb
  3. A Vapid Blonde
  4. Edie B Kuhl
  5. Pat Tillet
And now back to me. I have to list 5 of my favorite things (other than typical things like kittens, puppies and rainbows, otherwise it would be boring)
  1. I LOVE how every single day Booby (my husband) wakes up and the first thing he does is he smiles at me. I'll never get tired of this. And trust me when I say he smiles, its such a sincere smile like how a dog greets you when you open the door and jumps all over you as if he's repeating over and over "ohmygod-ohmygod-ohmygod she's back, she's back, i'm so happy she's back, it felt like a lifetime, but she's back, i wonder if she brought me some bacon, but i don't care because she's back-she's back-she's back and i hope she never ever leaves again" this is the dog's thinking process when you re-open the door after getting your newspaper that was thrown 3 feet from the door...
  2. I love the smell of freshly opened old school bubble gum. I'm talking about that little stick of gum that came with hockey cards (or baseball cards which I never collected) or those wacky stickers which I don't know if you remember those little delights from the 70s. But THAT gum, that smell is bewildering. I wish I could have sex in a bubble gum storage room. I wonder if the Wish Foundation ever received such a request. I'll have to check into that.
  3. I love bacon and dark chocolate. The darker the better. That's for the chocolate. Dark bacon? Never heard of it. What's wrong with you?
  4. I love how when we watch TV we are always holding hands. We do this thing where we lock our nails into each other, I guess you could call it fingernail-69'ing. Trust me, it's addictive and feels so good. You should try it. Just pick the right partner for this, like when you're at a business meeting and you're being introduced to people, this may not be a good time to try out the fingernail-69'ing. But then again, it could bring out interesting chit-chat during a job interview. A good ice breaker and topic starter maybe? I'll let you know how it goes after my next interview.
  5. I love smiling. I don't care if it makes me look demented or totally stupid like if I should wear a hockey helmet: smiling makes me feel good. And people usually always smile back. Which is my way of making the world a better place. Plus when you smile to strangers you never know what may come of it, they may offer you their spot in line at the grocery store, they may spontaneously give you chocolate but if the smile was extra warm this may come with bacon. Mmmm, baconnnnn.

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I *adored* number one, and I'm not a romantic, but the combination of how sweet that is of your husband, with the spot on description of how dogs are always so happy to you, it melted my frosty core a bit.

    Bravo, Madam.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cogratulations to you and to those you awarded. Thanks for allowing me to be one of them! I'll be checking out the others!

    When you mentioned the smell of the bubble gum in baseball card packs, my mind immediately went back a looooong ways. I WAS THERE! I could smell it... Believe it or not I have a lot of VERY old unopened packs of cards with gum in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D O I N G M Y B E S T T O N O T H A V E A T Y P O!


    Thank you Honey Pot. I understand this finger bang thing! I do, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Have you noticed how beautiful your three profile pics match together? Very artsy in b&w. Aaaaawwww, maybe I need to add a 6th thing in what I love. B&W photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Thank you Nikki. You are so sweet. And I love your answers! Congrats to the others and you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like bacon & chocolate too. It took some time to accustomed to the taste. But now, after a long day, it really hits the spot. And the finger 69ing, I'll keep your advice in mind when I start going on interviews.

    Seriously, congrats! You're as stylish as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, our pictures really do look beautiful together. :) I'm already friends with Pat (hi Rabbit Den buddy!!), so I'll have to visit Blonde now, too.~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. you going all kinda romantic on us today...nice. might have to try that hand holding...and love the smell of that gum...was hard as a brick and sometimes even shattered...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, you stylish thing, you!

    Regarding your number one, I am SO glad you explained the thought process belonged to a dog because I was picturing your husband with the oddest expression on his face.

    Regarding your number four, I really wish I would have known how inappropriate fingernail-69'ing could be construed BEFORE I took the communion wafer from the priest last Sunday. I had just assumed it would be a nice change of pace for him rather than just genuflecting and walking away, like usual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like #5 such a simple thing that people so often overlook!!

    And I love the way you described my blog! Very accurate indeed!!

    I'm The Minute Man's Wife because: (quote from my post titled The Minute Man)

    He is night. I am day. Like night and day we only meet during the minutes where daybreak and nightfall coinside as one. When I am waking up, he is going to bed. When I am getting home from work, he is just leaving. We meet for minutes at a time stealing kisses and secret glances as we each scramble to our destinations trading off responsibility of the Girl Child as we rush about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Bouncy: You're welcome! And thanks!
    @ Vinny: Took time to get accustomed to taste of bacon or chocolate? I can't imagine my life without one or the other
    @ Katshidhe: I'm surprised you didn't know Blondie! She's a Studio 30+ Superstar!
    @ Brian: Yeah it was sometimes shattered wasn't it, but it did smell so good!
    @ Nari: The dog, yes. But then sometimes he'll sniff my ears like a dog does, which is actually pretty cool too. Ah your poor priest! hahahaha!
    @ Minute: aaawwwww! How sweet! My second guess woulda been he's a printer (which I never understood why lot's of printers call themselves that) your answer is beautifully romantic! Thanks for the award (again)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the LOVE lady!!! You made my day ... my week...my year (so far!) I will be checking out the other blogs. I love expanding my reading list.

    You are a ROCKSTAR luv!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award.

    I also love the old school bubble gum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way my animals greet me every day. Seriously, I am their Queen, and I like that. Now, if only the rest of the world would take heed...

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on (yet another) award. not so much unexpected of course, I love your writing, but very impressive indeed...
    *they grow up so fast....*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!! Oh and remember Big League Chew??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did Dr. C just say Big League Chew?! I was a junkie back in the day.

    Does it get old hearing 'me too' and 'omg i just love you'? I feel like I don't even need to comment anymore because apparently we share a brain. THANK YOU for the stylish award! (and for being you)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Girl: I think it must be the moon, it's pretty much a general feeling, don't worry (I've been feeling sucky too!
    @ OT: yum!
    @ Laura: Hail to the Queen Laura!
    @ Wuppy: Hey, long time no hear friend!
    @ Dr: Oh Big League Chew... Not sure but I think I saw some at a Cracker Barrel store
    @ Edie: Does a puppy get tired of being rubbed behind the ears?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the award! #5 reminds me of that old sweet song by Louis Armstrong, "When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)"

    I am listening to it now. I love it. Thank you for reminding me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh! Congrats! I didn't realize you didn't have this award already, or I would have passed it on to you myself!! Glad someone else did. Nice list, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are a zombie or a fembot, your comments are totally appreciated! Loved. Desired. And wanted (I added that in case it was not clear)