I sprained my ankle twice. Once was falling off a fence on Mat Night. Mat Night for all you non-Canadian readers is the night before Halloween. Where us rambunctious (thanks spell checker) young hooligan teenagers run amok and throw eggs on houses, cover cars with toothpaste, throw out bags filled with recently raked leaves over cleanly raked laws, and other fun stuff. Oh the fond memories. Anyways, we were running away from this one dude pent on catching us when we climbed over this rickety old fence in my neighbor's yard. A kid who was home alone heard us laughing so he came out of his house with a RIFLE aimed it at us and told us to leave his property. I fell off the rickety old fence and totaled my ankle. It was bad, I knew it was bad because it looked like a tennis ball suddenly grew inside my sock.
The second time was a bit more embarrassing. I'd been hired to overlook all the major ceremonies of these games. All week-end I was running and climbing these ladders to install lights and speakers and stuff. You know, like a roadie and shit. I loved it. I get to carry a walkie-talkie on my belt and feel awesomely high on adrenaline. So, the week-end went without a hitch, all my ceremonies were great and all the light and sounds right on cue. Then the last night was ended with a dance for the kids competing in the games.
I'm dancing all crazy like it was the 80s! Bopping, jumping, wango'ing my tango and everything... When my friend bumped into me and I fell. He looked down at me, asked me what I was doing there and yanked me up. That tennis ball came back into my sock. Only problem was:
- I was staying in a student's dorm, 4 flights up, no escalator;
- I was flying out the next morning at 4 am;
- My friends insisted I go to the hospital just in case, they kept me there until 2 am;
- The flight home was overbooked, which meant full seats everywhere with my totally swollen and painful ankle;
- Lucky me, 1 person did not show up for the flight, that person was seated next to me, so I could keep my foot up;
- Once I got home, I had to hail a taxi cab with all my luggage and make it home;
- Once home home I had to wash my clothes and re-pack another suitcase since I was leaving for my summer vacation (aren't you glad I said "vacation" and not vacay???);
- I was driving out with my then sister in law 12 hours to the coast for 5 weeks, her car didn't have cruise control;
- She expected me to do most of the driving, with my big fat swollen painful ankle that still have the tennis ball growing out of it!
Do you have anything sticking out you'd like people to feel? Why didn't that come out right? The question I mean, not the bone,well ok, the bone too. So, do you?