And yes, we are.
For now the plan is to cruise all the way down the Baja coast then slightly back up the Sea of Cortez towards La Paz.
Baja is pronounced BAHA and La Paz has the sweet insinuations of LA PAUSE, like time to take a pause in La Paz. How can one not enjoy themselves in a place that signifies taking it easy and living like you were in a Corona commercial?
The actual sailing time from San Diego to La Paz (still sounds sweet to me) is about one week. We have friends who also own a boat and will be sailing with us. Copycats. They bought their boat way after we got ours. Jealous peeps. And of course, their boat had to be 4' bigger than ours. Buggers.
I'm thrilled and excited, but a bit antsy. Will I see pirates? I hope he'll look like Johnny Depp.
- No roller derby for an unknown period of time.
- No phones or internet for an unknown period of time.
The upsides to this trip are:
- It's FREAKIN La Paz!
- Who hasn't dreamed of just dropping everything and taking off?
- Scuba diving without a 7 mm suit!
- The best mole, carne asada, carnitas, tortillas (made with yummy LARD)
- The simple thrill of an adventure...